finally, i squeezed in time to play with faux ribbon by papertrey ink! i'm finding that it's much harder to come up with something new and different with this set than it was with butterfly kisses and green thumb. but i love the different patterns and ribbons you can make. i need spring break back so i can immerse myself in it like i did with the others! this idea has been floating around in my head for a few days--i like how it turned out, but i might just use real ribbon for the bow next time. other than trying to figure out the bow, it didn't take too long and i love the bright & cheery colors! (if you want to read the full process, click here.)
now, on to the recent tagging... i really like reading the different tag posts here and there--i've found some great new blogs to check in on (like i really needed that!) and i've learned more about the people behind the blogs. julie at stampin with julie and cathy at crafty thoughts both tagged me to tell seven things about myself, so here goes...
1. i read too many blogs.
2. in june, my husband and i will celebrate our 10th anniversary--where does the time go?!
3. i teach 1st grade computer lab.
4. my undergrad degree is actually in advertising.
5. i put things off until the last minute.
6. i love throwing kids' parties & decorating cakes--again, if you've been reading, you've seen my tasty creations!
and last, but not least...
7. i have been into one craft or another since i can remember. my cousin introduced me to stamping just before my oldest was born 8 years ago and it was a perfect match--especially since i was already designing invitations and stationery for myself and friends on my computer.
now, about passing it on... i'm pretty new to the whole blogging thing and i had a hard time coming up with 5 bloggers the first time around, so i'm going to have to drop the ball on this one. but, if you're reading and see that ball, feel free to pick it up and put it back into play. just be sure to leave a comment so i can go learn about you too!
thanks for stopping by--and reading my novel!
p.s. and i'm a perfectionist--this post is driving me crazy & i can't stop editing it!